As the number of counterfeit products amounted to 3.3% of world trade in 2016, how can a QR code serial number prevent product counterfeiting?
Counterfeiting products have become notorious schemes fraudsters are making to gain more money. Because of them, brands are losing billions of dollars in profit.
To prevent consumers from buying counterfeit products, manufacturers are adding authenticators in their products. In this way, they can ensure their customers purchase the legit ones.
Some of the authenticators they use are barcodes and QR codes.
Back in the day, before QR codes are invented, retailers and manufacturers use 1D barcodes in scanning a product’s serial number.
The usage of this type of barcodes are useful and has no encoding problems. But as the serial numbering system incorporate the use of more than 20 characters, manufacturers need a new alternative. Thus giving rise to the invention of QR codes.
Up to today, retailers and manufacturers use QR codes in scanning their product’s unique numbers. Because of this, manufacturing enthusiasts find a new way of upstaging their product’s authenticity and validity.
If you are a retailer and want to learn more about how they use these codes in their products and services, you must first learn its basic concepts.
- What is a bulk QR code serial number?
- How to generate a bulk QR code serial number for each of your unique items or products?
- 1. Go to www.qrcode-tiger.com and click the Bulk QR
- 2. From here, click and download the CSV sample file
- 3. From the previous data file of the CSV file you have downloaded, change the URL data file under the qrURL, and replace it with numbers.
- 4. In the third column, replace your qrCategory with a “text” instead of “URL” as the serial number QR code solution is under the text QR code solution which encrypts numerical and alphabetical data.
- 5. Save the CSV file when done
- 6. Go back again to the Bulk QR and upload your CSV file.
- 7. Switch from static to dynamic QR code
- 8. Click “generate bulk QR”
- 9. Customize your bulk QR code according to your brand and aim.
- 10. Click download and your bulk QR code will be downloaded in a zip file.
- 11. Go to your downloads and check the zip file of your newly downloaded unique/ bulk QR codes for your products and items!
- 12. Edit and track your bulk QR code scans
- What is the difference between static and dynamic bulk QR codes?
- How to use the QR code serial number?
- Benefits of serial number QR codes
- QR code serial number – securing product authenticity at best!
What is a bulk QR code serial number?
A QR code serial number is a QR code solution that stores a set of numbers that validates a certain product or service.
Through this, the consumers will know that the product or service they purchase is authentic and safe.
This kind of QR code solution is also associated with the text QR code solution where a user can copy and paste their serial number in there.
Generating a bulk QR code serial number for your products, you can create unique QR codes for each item without having to generate them manually.
How to generate a bulk QR code serial number for each of your unique items or products?
Bulk QR code serial numbers are generated using a QR code generator online. If you are a small business owner or event organizer, you can generate these kinds of codes in 9 simple steps.
1. Go to www.qrcode-tiger.com and click the Bulk QR
2. From here, click and download the CSV sample file
3. From the previous data file of the CSV file you have downloaded, change the URL data file under the qrURL, and replace it with numbers.
Follow the format as shown below and there should be 3 columns: qrType/qrUrl/qrCategory.
4. In the third column, replace your qrCategory with a “text” instead of “URL” as the serial number QR code solution is under the text QR code solution which encrypts numerical and alphabetical data.
Unless you want to generate a bulk QR code for your URL, then it should remain as it is.
5. Save the CSV file when done
6. Go back again to the Bulk QR and upload your CSV file.
7. Switch from static to dynamic QR code
8. Click “generate bulk QR”
9. Customize your bulk QR code according to your brand and aim.
10. Click download and your bulk QR code will be downloaded in a zip file.
Your bulk QR code will also be stored in the QR code generator
11. Go to your downloads and check the zip file of your newly downloaded unique/ bulk QR codes for your products and items!
12. Edit and track your bulk QR code scans
Editing and tracking of QR codes are only applicable if you have generated your bulk QR code in dynamic
What is the difference between static and dynamic bulk QR codes?
Static QR code in bulk
If you generate your bulk QR code in static mode, you cannot update the data of your bulk QR code.
Meaning, if you have made some error in your QR code, you can no longer correct that mistake.
Moreover, you cannot also track your QR code scans. Static QR codes as well only embed a limited amount of data making them unpractical to use.
Dynamic QR code in bulk
If you create your bulk QR code in dynamic mode, you can update or change the data behind your QR code.
For example, if you have made a mistake with your data, you can quickly do a quick update of your QR code as it is stored in the QR code generator online when in dynamic form.
Moreover, you also do not need to reproduce your bulk QR codes even when if it has been printed which makes them cost-efficient to use.
Bulk QR codes in dynamic also allow you to track your QR code scans.
How to use the QR code serial number?
People use serial numbers to ensure a product or service’s authenticity and safeguard its customers from counterfeit products.
Because of this, barcodes like QR codes are invented for it can store more data and minimizes the risk of getting broken.
To learn more about how people use these QR codes in intensifying their campaign against counterfeiting, here are 5 use cases that they recommend.
Invitations at events
One thing that event organizers do to ensure that there are no gate crashers at their events is to install an authenticator on its invitations.
But as some authenticators are easy to copy, QR codes become their go-to invitation authenticator.
With its ability to secure information that only the event organizer can open, the chance of getting an unwanted guest lessens.
Because of that, the events they handle feel more secure and exclusive to the people they invited.
Related: How to Use QR Codes for Your Event
Contestant’s QR code serial number
Hosting a contest can be a hassle for the organizers and judges. Because of that, some contest organizers are coding their contestants to avoid any result tampering and use QR codes as their ticket for submission.
Barcodes are used to keep track of the products or accessories manufactured. But as the need for faster scanning can leave the traditional barcodes behind, manufacturers are integrating the use of QR codes.
Integrating manufacturing accessories
QR codes are invented in 1994 to fasten Toyota’s car production. Because of that, they can accelerate their automotive production without messing the parts up.
As the years pass by, more and more automotive companies are adapting the use of it.
Validating school or company Identification Cards
One way to accelerate attendance registration in school and at work is through the use of a serial number system.
With the use of a QR code serial number, students and workers can automatically scan their IDs and be validated as part of the institution.
Benefits of serial number QR codes
QR code serial numbers are great for intensifying the campaign against counterfeit products.
Aside from its ability to authenticate how genuine the product is, here are five benefits that retailers and manufacturers can get from using a QR code serial number.
Can be scanned with smartphone devices
When it comes to scanning a QR code, the devices that you can use can range from the typical infrared scanners to smartphones with QR code scanning apps.
Because of that, retailers and manufacturers can scan their product’s serial number on the go without the need to carry the bulky infrared QR code scanners.
Creating a QR code for serial numbers is free in nature are easy to generate and fund-saving.
Moreover, thanks to its ability to be scanned by any smartphone device, retailers and manufacturers won’t have to spend more on purchasing an infrared QR code scanner.
In this way, small manufacturing businesses can continue their businesses without the need of paying extra.
Unlike the traditional barcodes, the scanning duration of QR codes tops at an average of 15 seconds.
With its 2D scanning orientation, retailers and manufacturers can accelerate their product inventory check and ship them up. Because of that, they can have a smooth manufacturing system with the QR code serial number.
Low risk of data errors
To avoid any scanning errors, QR codes are the best information storage that retailers and manufacturers can use. With its error correction feature, the risk of any data error lowers.
This means that retailers can still scan the QR code even if it gets slightly damaged or worn-out. Through this, they can still secure the serial number without the need of printing new ones.
Store more numbers
As serial numbers increase their content over time, the use of traditional barcodes becomes obsolete. Since traditional barcodes can hold only up to 20 characters, the need for a serial number code that can store more numbers elevates.
Thanks to its ability to store more numbers, retailers can integrate the modern serial number system into their products. Because of that, QR codes are the best serial number code that retailers can use.
Generate your QR code serial number in bulk with QRTiger today!
QR codes have changed the way of how retailers authenticate their products. Because of that, they can accelerate the authentication process by letting their customers scan the QR codes.
With the help of a professional and secured QR code generator online, they can secure their product’s authenticity in a premium level.
If you have more questions about generating your QR codes in bulk or if you want to integrate them into your API system, you can contact us.