To scan a QR code on Android without an app is simple.
QR codes can store links, documents, images, videos, and other files. To access these files stored in the QR code, you must decode or read the code using your smartphone.
The good news is that the process isn’t that complicated. In fact, it’s super easy and simple. Anyone with a smartphone can access QR codes.
That’s the best part of using QR codes. Information is readily available right at your fingertips in just a swift scan. Thanks to the invention of the best QR code generator, it's super easy to create one.
Read further to learn how to scan a QR code on Android without app the easiest way.
- What is a QR code, and how can I decode it?
- Scan a QR code on any Android device without an app
- Scanning QR codes on Android without an application
- Can I scan QR codes on Android versions 7 and below?
- How to scan QR codes on Android version 8 and above
- How do you get Google Lens to work if it isn’t active on your camera?
- How to scan QR codes on Samsung Devices
- How to scan a QR code on Oppo smartphones
- Free QR code scanners you can use
- Social media applications that can scan a QR code
- QR codes’ popularity today
- QR TIGER app: the best QR code mobile application for Android and iOS
- Frequently asked questions
What is a QR code, and how can I decode it?
A Quick Response code, widely known as a QR code, is a two-dimensional code that can carry any data, information, or files.
These versatile codes are created using a QR code generator online—a tool designed to convert any information into a scannable code accessible by a smartphone.
People can use their smartphones to scan QR codes and access the stored information. They can use a QR code scanner or camera app to read a QR code.
You can also scan a QR code without an app, as long as you have a smartphone with a camera that supports a QR code scan feature.
These scannable codes are widely utilized in advertising, business, health care, education, and other industries.
QR codes can be found on brochures, flyers, posters, billboards, objects and products, business cards, and even social networking and shopping websites.
That’s why it’s essential to learn how to scan or read these codes using your device for easier information access.
Some are also curious to know—can QR codes work without internet? Yes. In fact, there are a number of QR code solutions that work even offline.
Scan a QR code on any Android device without an app
In most cases, Android devices come with a built-in QR code scanner. Android versions 8 and 9 can scan QR codes online without an app.
On the other hand, some earlier Android versions have yet to receive the most recent update.
Here are the procedures to scan a QR code on Android without app:
- Open your Camera app.
- Point the camera at the QR code.
- To view the content, click on the notification banner that appears.
If nothing happens, check the camera settings to see if the QR code scanning feature is enabled.
If you don’t see this option in your settings, you can use a third-party QR scanner app to scan QR codes on your Android device easily.
QR TIGER is one of the best QR code scanner apps that is reliable and safe to download. It’s available on the Google Play Store and App Store.
It’s not just an app; QR TIGER is also an all-in-one software for QR codes that offers advanced QR code solutions like social media QR code, multi URL QR codes, PDF QR codes, and more.
Scanning QR codes on Android without an application
Since there are so many different Android devices and each manufacturer develops its firmware revision, the situation with Android phones is slightly more complicated.
However, if you’re using Android 9 or higher, you won’t need to install third-party software to access QR code information.
Can I scan QR codes on Android versions 7 and below?
Reading QR codes is impossible on Android phones running Android 7 and below.
As a result, scanning QR codes on Android version 7 requires third-party mobile applications.
There are many options available on Google Play Store and App Store. However, keep in mind the safety and security of the QR scanner apps online.
The QR TIGER’s QR code scanner app is one of the safest and most secure QR code apps you can download for free for Android and iOS.
How to scan QR codes on Android version 8 and above
With Google Screen Search, Android 8 users can scan QR codes without needing an app. Simply point your camera at the QR code, press the “Home” button, then select ‘What’s on my screen?’
Users can then open the brief URL associated with the QR code’s information.
Here’s how to use Google Screen Search to scan a QR code:
- Point your camera at the QR code and press the shutter button.
- Long press the “Home” button and then swipe up to reveal the options at the bottom.
- Then select “What’s on my screen?”
- To view content, click on the link that appears.
Open the Google application and tap Navigation if the smartphone’s screen search is not currently enabled. Enable the Screen Search permission in the settings.
Google Lens can now scan and recognize QR codes. It’s available on Google Assistant as well as the camera app.
Simply download Google Lens and begin reading QR codes. You can also use Google Lens through Google Assistant.
How do you get Google Lens to work if it isn’t active on your camera?
- Go to the Camera app on your device.
- Then click Parameters after selecting the three parallel bars at the top.
- Then look for Viewfinder Settings and turn on Google Lens.
- Return to the Lens Suggestions page and make your selection.
How to scan QR codes on Samsung Devices
There are 3 easy ways to scan QR codes on Samsung; you can use the Bixby Vision, Samsung Internet Browser, and the Samsung camera application itself.
Image Source: Samsung
Bixby Vision is a Samsung technology that allows users to acquire information about the environment around them just by opening their phone’s camera.
To enable its QR code scanner, follow these simple instructions:
- To use Bixby Vision, open your Camera app and tap Bixby Vision.
- If you’re using Bixby Vision for the first time, you’ll need to provide permission to the app. Then, on all permission requests that pop up, tap Allow.
- Your Samsung device can now scan a QR code after allowing all permissions.
- Then, to open the webpage, tap Go.
Samsung Internet Browser
Samsung Electronics created the Samsung Internet Browser, a mobile browser for smartphones and tablets.
Of course, the browser’s features include a QR code scanner, so here are some easy instructions on how to use it:
- Go to the Samsung Internet app and open it.
- Tap the three vertical lines on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select useful features from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- By sliding the button, you can activate the QR code scanner.
- Return to the homepage and click on the URL.
- Select the QR code icon.
- Then, on any request permissions that appear, hit Allow.
When you place your smartphone device over the QR code, it will immediately recognize it.
Samsung Camera is a camera that comes pre-installed on all Samsung smartphones.
With a single click of a button, you may take images in seconds to capture any moment of your life.
This option, however, is only available on Samsung Galaxy handsets running OS Version 9.0.
Users no longer need to worry about wanting to scan a QR code online without an app. They can simply use this method.
The following are some simple steps for activating your QR code scanner on the camera app:
- Swipe down to access your Quick Settings, then click on the QR scanner.
- To proceed to the next step, tap OK.
- Then open the Camera app and scan the QR code.
- After scanning the QR code, you can access the webpage below.
- If you cannot scan the QR code, this setting may need to be enabled. Tap on the Camera Settings icon.
- Toggle the Scan QR codes option.
How to scan a QR code on Oppo smartphones
A QR code may be read directly on the latest Android phones, including your Oppo phone. However, scanning a QR code requires your Oppo to be connected to the internet.
To open your QR reader, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Oppo’s Camera app.
- Focus the lens 20-30 centimeters on the QR code, then center it on the screen.
- When Google Lens is engaged, it will prompt you to take a number of actions.
- Then, there will be a link for you to click.
- It will take you to a webpage, a video, or any other content embedded in the QR code.
Free QR code scanners you can use
QR TIGER QR Code Generator
QR TIGER app is an ad-free mobile app for QR codes, allowing users to create customized QR codes for free without interruption
This two-in-one free QR code app for Android and iOS is a QR scanner and QR code generator in one platform.
It’s free, safe, and secure for any device. It also has a scan history so users can revisit the QR code’s page whenever they want.
Here are some simple instructions for scanning the QR code using the QR TIGER app:
- To begin, open the QR TIGER application.
- Select Scan from the drop-down menu.
- Place your camera over the QR code.
- Then it will instantly take you to a landing page that displays the information that the user has inserted into the QR code.
Aside from this, QR TIGER is also a QR code software that allows users to create their own, fully-customized QR codes with logos. It can generate many QR code types, both static and dynamic QR codes.
Kaspersky QR Code Scanner
The Kaspersky QR Scanner is a program that allows users to scan a QR code while ensuring that the URL they’re about to browse will not harm their smartphone.
They must first open the app and point the camera at the QR code they wish to scan to utilize it.
QR and Barcode Scanner
QR and Barcode Scanner is a free and useful QR code reader for various Android devices.
Social media applications that can scan a QR code
Aside from the above-mentioned QR code scanner online, users have a few more alternatives when scanning a QR code with their Android handset.
LinkedIn is an online platform in the United States that operates through websites and mobile applications. It was launched in 2002 and lets you scan QR codes online.
Its goal is to bring together experts worldwide to make them more productive and profitable.
The following are some simple procedures to scan a QR code using the LinkedIn app on a smartphone device:
- Open your LinkedIn application.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, find the QR code and click on it.
- Select Scan from the menu options and allow access to the camera.
- Then, press the scan button with your camera pointed directly at a QR code you wish to scan.
Instagram is a social networking platform for sharing photos and videos on the internet.
All you have to do to scan a QR code online with Instagram is:
- Launch your app and tap your profile in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the QR code after clicking on the three horizontal lines.
- The next step is to hit the Scan QR Code button at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, point your camera at the QR code.
- Continue pressing and holding the camera screen until the QR code is captured.
Pinterest is another social media platform that may be used to share photographs, allowing users to store and discover information or ideas on the internet using pinboards made up of smaller images, videos, and GIFs.
To use Pinterest to scan a QR code, you must first:
- Launch your Pinterest app and then click the Search icon.
- Then, beside the search bar, tap on the Camera icon.
- The camera in your application will launch automatically.
- Then, place it over the code you want to scan.
Snapchat is a multimedia mobile messaging service that allows users to send and receive multimedia files like photos and videos.
Using Snapchat, you can scan a QR code by:
- On your smartphone, launch the app.
- Hover your camera over the QR code you want to scan.
- The scanner will automatically read the QR code if you tap the screen and hold your finger on it for a few seconds.
- After that, you’ll be taken to a window that displays the information in the QR code.
QR codes’ popularity today
QR codes are gaining popularity for various reasons, but one of the most compelling is that they are quick, mobile-friendly, and easy to use.
Because QR code scanners are now a built-in feature on smartphone devices, QR codes are getting more popular, increasing by 18.8%.
As a result, users no longer need to download a separate application in order to scan a QR code online without an app.
Ease and convenience are the biggest factors and influencers of people nowadays. That’s why it’s important for businesses to adopt a quick and mobile-first strategy.
One of the most appealing features of a QR code is that it can be scanned quickly with a smartphone device.
As a natural outcome, QR codes have evolved into a necessary tool for operating and marketing a business.
QR TIGER app: the best QR code mobile application for Android and iOS
Thanks to QR code scanners, people can now make payments and instantly access various information with a swift scan and a few clicks on their smartphone devices.
Today, QR codes are becoming more popular. That’s why using a dedicated QR code app on your smartphone is crucial so you can access them anytime.
QR TIGER app is a reliable QR code reader. But it’s not just a QR code scanner app; it is also a QR code generator for Android and iOS that is totally free to download on Google Play Store and App Store.
Frequently asked questions
How to read QR without a scanner?
Android or iOS devices can scan any QR code using the Camera app. Simply open your Camer app and point the camera to the QR. Let it scan, and click the pop-up banner to redirect to the code’s landing page.
How do I get my Android phone to scan a QR code?
You can scan a QR code on an Android phone using the Camera app or QR scanner. Most Android now supports QR scanning. But if your device doesn’t support this feature, you can install a free QR code reader app.
Can you scan a QR code on your own phone screen?
Yes, you can scan a QR code on your own phone screen. You can use a QR code reader or Google Lens and choose the QR photo you wish to scan.
Can I create a QR code on my phone?
Yes, you can create a QR code on your phone. You can create a customized QR code for personal or business use in two ways. You can easily create one using the QR TIGER QR code software or the QR TIGER mobile app.