QR codes, when applied in real-life, have many possible use-cases whether for personal, marketing or for professional use.
Using QR codes, you can catch the fleeting attention of your audience by making your campaigns as creative as possible! With the QR code technology, you can be as creative as you can and get the most out of your QR campaign!
Today, these codes have become even more handy and integral especially in business and marketing in the midst of the ongoing pandemic.
However most people only know QR codes for smartphone payments and marketing, but did you know that there's so much more?
Here are some clever uses of QR codes you should use for your next marketing campaign! Here are the ideas for your next marketing campaign.
1. WiFi network sharingHow many a couple of times did you ask for the WiFi and password, and yes you typed the password wrong, well with a QR code you can connect to the WiFi in just one scan.
Easy peasy! This works for Android and iOS11 also can detect a WiFi QR code and connect straight! It is best to use a Dynamic code in case you want to update your password.
When the WiFi QR code is scanned, it will instanly connect users to the WiFi.
2. E-learningQR codes are also popular tool in e-learning. When people to scan to access audio or video course from their book with a QR code, this offers the best of both worlds a real book to study in but with a digital dimension.
3. As a gift
Let people scan a QR code to see the online gift that you bought for them, this would keep the surprise effect for the receiver.
4. vCardsA vCard QR code displays all of your contact details to your scanner's smartphone device.
They can directly save all of your details right away on their smartphone gadget
Creative Uses of QR Codes in Businesses or Industries
5. Next to packaged food in groceries or on the packagingGive shoppers quick access to recipes that include the ingredients they see on the shelf this gives any consumer product a digital dimension and a direct added value to use your product.
This can be a great way to do marketing! A customized QR code is here better as people could associate the traditional black/white QR code with a bar code which they might not want to scan.
6. On tables in restaurants to orderScan a QR code order, pay, and wait for your food to arrive, this makes the whole process for the restaurant as yourself more efficient without losing the charm of being in a restaurant.
This has been already widely used in restaurants in Asia.
7. Posted next to paintings and sculptures at museums
Great for visitors who want to learn more about the artist, the time period, and the reaction to the photo. It could also include links to other work by the artist, related artists, and even the ability to buy the image on a mug or poster at the museum shop.
8. On historical sites and on walking trails
Sure, a plaque is fine for grandma, but I’d like to delve deeper, whether with a Wikipedia entry, or a video of a local historian explaining the significance of the site.
9. On recipes in magazines and newspapers
Quick link to videos, reviews, and feedback on the website. People love to get more information, they will otherwise anyway look online if they have an interest.
10. In bars
To engage your customers with information, games, lucky draws, surveys, or any other way to give your customers a digital extra.
11. Mobile payments
This trend has become a global phenomenon as it makes payments, quick and safe. Your smartphones have become your wallet. Bitcoin was one of the first who really made the shift.
12. On medical products and beauty products
Nobody likes to read the medical brochure, but everybody would love to see a 30 seconds video to understand the use and benefits of the medicine or beauty product.
When you shop the goods to your clients that they order, let them do a quick survey and give them a discount. A great way to engage and convert your client into a new sale.
When your customer is happy to receive your goods that's a great moment to convert your customer as a messenger to new potential clients.
14. Counterfeit of goods
In many countries counterfeit, is a real problem, with a unique QR code counterfeit that can be easily stopped. Many luxury brands already make use of this method.
15. Bike and car sharing
Now that bike-sharing is becoming a trend worldwide, QR codes offer a great way to unlock your bike or car. This can be used to unlock or pay for anything really.
Marketing uses of QR codes
16. Ads inside elevatorsIf I ran a dry cleaning service or something else that helped busy executives out I’d advertise inside elevators in tall buildings. Other good options might include flowers, kid activities, discounts on takeout food, etc.
17. QR Codes in train stations, bus stops, and subway stations
A quick scan would give you real-time information on when the next train, bus, or subway would arrive. Super practical.
18. On posters for events
Scan the QR and come on a page to inscribe and pay, this helps the organizer to have a better understanding of how many people would attend and if he needs to do more marketing.
19. On coffee cupsPlenty of advertising opportunities here. Let the cup be the messenger. Coffee stores and customers can benefit a lot.
20. On beer glasses
Ideal to see the story of your beer brewery or have an opportunity to buy online, it gives a great digital extension to your product to market and engages your clients.
Uses of QR codes in trade show booths
Scan a picture, (be entered to) win a free item by filling in your email.
21. On any printed adGiving a digital dimension to a poster ad or flyer is always a great way to measure if your ads actually work.
22. On liquor bottles
Linked to cocktails; this would be especially good for new drinks you’re bringing to market and give people a straight understanding of your product.
23. On invitations to an eventA great way to send out a real invitation and a QR to confirm, this keeps the best of both worlds. I have seen this many times.
24. On tags for sustainable clothes
Is that piece of clothing really sustainable? Let’s quickly scan and see its story. Clothing offers a great digital dimension to your regular shopping experience.
25. On real estate
QR codes allow people to quickly find online more information about the property to buy or rent.
26. In a city game
They let people walk in the city, scan, and solve questions. It's fun engaging and sounds like a real treasure hunt.
27. At video kiosks
QR codes can appear as people interact with your kiosk, whether it’s at the mall or your place of business.
28. On movie postersQR code takes them to a preview of the movie. It's a great way to give people a quick understanding of the movie and attract them.
30. Printed on food
QR can be printed on food which makes that the food you eat interactively. We have seen it mostly on cakes and cookies.
Creative Uses of QR codes? There's many to choose from!
QR codes are super beneficial and we will keep seeing more and more uses in many years to come.
What is important is to have a good call for action next to your QR code, a QR code is the same as a door, but if there is no sign to come in, nobody will enter!
If you want to get the most out of QR codes, remember to use dynamic QR codes as they can be edited to any other link, WiFi password, data, and you can track data of your QR codes.
What's more, a customized QR code drives 30% more scans than traditional monochromatic QR codes.
QRTiger offers an easy to use Custom QR code generator with logo and even has an API for brands who want to integrate QR code generation and tracking in their Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Generate your QR codes with us today!