Contact tracing form: A contactless way of data-gathering in the new normal powered by QR code technology! How to do it? Keep on reading to know-how!
With the Coronavirus pandemic outbreak, a sweeping change from our day-to-day activities abruptly took a swift.
The public was advised to follow safety protocols such as wearing face masks, face shields, and contact tracing forms that were present whenever we enter public premises.
For public health and safety, contact tracing forms have been required in most of the establishments, shops, restaurants, etc., to quickly identify the individual who may have come into contact with a person who is positive with the disease.
Moreover, this also serves to collect additional information about these contacts.
To do this, contactless registration forms powered by QR codes have surfaced everywhere.
If you are planning to do one for your business or for your personal use, here’s how you can do it.
- How to make a QR code for a contact tracing form
- Static QR code vs. Dynamic QR code: Why choose to generate a dynamic QR code for your contact tracing form?
- Contact tracing form for business and why should you have one
- Example of a QR code that leads to a contact tracing form
- How to scan the QR code
- Countries using QR codes for contact tracing
- How to make a QR code for a contact tracing form: A step-by-step guide
- Contact tracing forms powered by QR codes!
How to make a QR code for a contact tracing form
- Create a contact form first (via google forms, Microsoft forms, or any other survey form companies)
- Copy the URL of your Google Form
- Go to www.qrcode-tiger.com
- Paste the URL in the “URL” menu
- Choose “static” or “dynamic”
- Click “Generate QR code.”
- Personalize your QR code
- Distribute your QR code
Static QR code vs. Dynamic QR code: Why choose to generate a dynamic QR code for your contact tracing form?
For a quick summary, here are the differences between the two types of QR
Dynamic QR code
When you generate your form in a dynamic QR code, you can:
- Allows you to change the URL of your QR code contact tracing form to another URL
- It saves time and money in printing as the dynamic QR code is editable
- You don’t need to worry about reprinting your QR code in case you have entered some errors. Quickly do an update of your existing QR code
- The data is stored in the QR code generator and not directly to the QR code’s graphics, making them updateable anytime
- The QR code scans are trackable
When you generate your contactless form in a Static QR code, it does not allow you the following benefits the dynamic QR provides.
Static QR code
Meanwhile, the static QR code does not allow the flexibility that dynamic QR codes provide. These are the qualities of a static QR code.
- This type of QR is not editable
- The data is stored directly in the graphics of the code, making them permanent
- Free to create
- Can provide unlimited scans
Contact tracing form for business and why should you have one
Using QR codes and digitizing services that involve physical interaction can combat the virus that can spread through direct contacts and physical materials.
Instead of standard forms, these forms be replaced with digital fill-up forms powered by QR codes.
An individual only has to scan the QR code using their smartphone devices in a photo mode or QR Code reader app, making it conveniently accessible to people of all ages.
This way, it allows the establishment to gather or collect information of a person while observing a physical distance and being non-physical with each other or other tangible materials such as pen and paper where the virus could spread.
Once you have made your QR code for contact tracing, people can scan the contact tracing form QR code, and it will be displayed on their smartphone screen, type in the necessary data displayed on your smartphone, and click the “submit” button.
Example of a QR code that leads to a contact tracing form
How to scan the QR code
- Open your smartphone devices in a camera mode (make sure to check your settings to see if the QR code scanning feature is enabled)
- Point your camera towards the QR code for 2-3 seconds
- Open the data online associated with the QR code
- Your QR code for contact tracing is going to be displayed
- If your QR code can’t scan, you can opt to use or download a QR code reader or scanner online.
Countries using QR codes for contact tracing
Before guests and individuals can enter any public building premises, they are required to fill out a data form that can use to trace them if they suspected individual is believed to may or may not have in contact with a virus-positive person.
First off, each respective country has implemented contactless registration to collect the data of each guest.
It helps the local government to do an easy contact-tracing and verify an individual who has been reported to be infected by the virus.
Furthermore, this allows the concerned officials to get accurate information about the person.
The significance of the QR code technology has skyrocketed even more when contact-tracing and providing contactless forms.
How to make a QR code for a contact tracing form: A step-by-step guide
1. Create a contact form first (via google forms, Microsoft forms, or any other survey form companies)
Google forms are one of the easiest ways to create your google form for contact tracing. However, you can use other survey forms provided by other companies.
But Google forms give you a more seamless, it is one of the most popular and quickest ways to create your QR code for contact tracing. You just need to have your Gmail account to have access to this.
By then, you can type in the necessary data you want to collect from your guests such as their name, contact address, time of visit, etc.
2. Copy the URL of your Google Form
Assuming that you’re already done with your making your google form and entering the details or questions you want to gather, copy the URL of your form and paste it into the QR Code Generator online.
3. Go to www.qrcode-tiger.com
4. Paste the URL in the “URL” menu
You can also use a URL shortener to shorten your link.
5. Choose “dynamic”
Once you already copied your URL of your Google form containing your contact tracing form in the QR Code Generator online, choose Dynamic QR Code to edit your QR code for contact tracing. Then click the Generate QR Code button.
6. Click “Generate QR code.”
7. Customize your QR code
After you click on the Generate QR Code, you can also customize your QR Code according to your purpose.
You can choose its data pattern, the eyes, add a frame, set the colors, and even add a logo, icon, or call-to-action to make it more appealing and noticeable!
Important note: Always add a call-to-action and frame in your QR code, so your guests know it’s a contactless QR form.
8. Do a QR code test
Before you print or download your QR code, it is essential to do a QR code testing or scan first. Check if your QR code works and if it leads to the correct data.
9. Distribute your QR code
Print your QR code or have them displayed online
If you are collecting data online, you can still use the QR code and display it on your website. The scanner will be redirected to your contact form.
Contact tracing forms powered by QR codes!
Contactless forms registration powered by the QR code technology is a great alternative way to maintain a social distance with guests while delivering accurate information.
It minimizes the physical contact by having to manually fill-up the form, which lessens the interaction and makes the process even quicker. It is also a convenient way to collect data or information from people using only smartphone devices!
You can change your Google form by generating a dynamic QR and changing the data behind it without generating another QR!
Generate your contactless tracing forms with us now!
For more questions, you can also contact us directly.