A QR code scavenger hunt brings a digital twist to the highly engaging and competitive game many of us are familiar with. This time, it’s more fun with QR codes!
QR codes are a great tool to make scavenger hunts better. They can effortlessly bring the game to the digital world with an added sense of creativity and enjoyment.
The best part about QR codes is how easily you can create them. All you need is the best QR code generator, and you’ll have QR codes for the hunt in no time.
Get ready for an exciting leap toward a futuristic game experience. Read on and learn how to make this QR code-powered fun-filled activity.
- What is a scavenger hunt QR code?
- How to make a QR code for a scavenger hunt using the best QR code generator
- 9 creative QR code scavenger hunt ideas
- Why use dynamic scavenger hunt QR codes?
- Scan to play: QR codes for more engaging scavenger hunts
What is a scavenger hunt QR code?
QR codes for social media games are an obvious integration of the QR technology, but did you know that you can use the same concept for traditional games as well, like a scavenger hunt?
A scavenger hunt QR code can bring a digital edge to the game. It can serve as a gateway to map guides, riddles, questions, and activities—things that players must go through to win.
Scavenger hunts require players to find and collect specific items. Players must solve puzzles to get clues on where they can find each one. The first to collect all items wins the game.
Using QR codes in games like scavenger hunts lets players simply use their smartphones to access in-game details, making their game experience smoother and more convenient.
These codes also make the job easier for game organizers. Instead of printing various copies of maps and puzzles, they can embed them into QR codes for faster access.
Now, that’s more cost-efficient and eco-friendly.
How to make a QR code for a scavenger hunt using the best QR code generator
Technically, you can use almost all QR code solutions in your QR code software—depending on how creative you can get. But you must first learn the basics of creating a QR code.
- Go to QR TIGER and log in to your account. You can also sign up for freemium if you don’t have one yet. You’ll only need your email; no credit card required.
- Click on any QR code solution that you wish to use.
- Add the required details. Carefully check them before proceeding.
- Select either Static or Dynamic QR code, then click Generate QR code.
- Customize your QR code scavenger hunt by changing its colors, eye shape, and pattern style. You can add a logo and use a custom frame with a call to action tag.
Tip: You can blend the QR code’s colors with its surroundings to make it hard to find. That’s an added challenge to players!
- Test-scan your QR code after customization to guarantee it works.
- Download your QR code. You can save it in two formats: PNG and SVG.
Note: SVG lets you resize your QR codes without affecting their quality. This format is suitable for printing.
9 creative QR code scavenger hunt ideas
Now that you know how to make QR codes, it’s time to check out how to use them to make your scavenger hunt more engaging, convenient, and tech-savvy. Check out the following examples:
Traditional scavenger hunt
Instead of giving players a map and a list of the items, provide them with QR codes.
You can use various QR code solutions leading to clues about the items—an image showing only a part of it, a song that contains the item’s name, a short video, a poem, or a riddle.
This QR code scavenger hunt approach makes the game more challenging since players will still have to figure out the item before they can start looking for it.