QR codes in the utility industry are QR code solutions you can use to improve efficiency and streamline processes in the sector.
Public utilities such as electricity, water, energy, garbage, and sewer services are key players in the economic and social development of a country.
That is why the delivery of quality utilities is important for the economy’s growth.
But challenges like how to improve utility services, track assets, and enhance the efficiency of delivery still confront many utility enterprises.
The growing call to decarbonize also turns these industries to change and adapt innovative solutions.
Thanks to the advent of technology, these utility industries are now adopting QR codes to address these challenges.
- Ways to use QR codes in the utility industry
- QR codes on customer energy bills
- Provide safety information to workers and employees
- Use app store QR to increase downloads of your mobile apps
- Utility management and asset tracking
- Prevent data breaches using password-protected QR codes
- QR code-enabled garbage collection procedure
- Manage to monitor using Google sheet and QR code
- How to create QR codes in the utility industry
- Benefits of using QR codes in the utility industry
- Use cases: QR codes in utilities as implemented by various countries
- Streamline processes using the QR code technology in the utility industry
Ways to use QR codes in the utility Industry
QR codes on customer energy bills
Consumer surveys found that consumers of public utilities have a lack of confidence in their ability to understand and predict energy usage and that this is a key barrier to engagement.
To provide an additional channel to engagement that focuses on alleviating concerns about usage and tariff understanding, power utilities can add QR codes on customer energy bills.
You can convert your company website to a dynamic URL QR code and print it along with the bill.
This way, your consumers can accurately see their energy usage once they scan the code.
Provide safety information to workers and employees
Malfunctions and operational problems are some of the challenges when maintaining plants such as sewage treatments.
When you use QR codes to store this vital information, workers or employees don’t have to look through hundreds of pages in your paper-based documents.