QR codes are rapidly being utilized for a variety of functions, including storing and sharing information, distributing discount vouchers, and transferring files.
It can even automatically store a link to download a program or advertise a product or service.
Most of the time, QR codes are used to access a website to learn more about a topic.
All they have to do is scan the code using a QR code scanner app, and it redirects scanners to a landing page that displays the stored information.
However, the main concern is how people can scan QR codes using their smartphones.
How do I scan a QR code without an app?
The good news here is that there are a few straightforward options.
In this article, we'll show you how to scan QR code without an app the easieast way.
- What is a QR code, and how does it work?
- Check if your Android device can scan a QR code
- How to Scan QR Codes on Android versions 7 and below
- How to Scan QR codes on Android version 8 and above
- How to scan QR codes on Samsung Devices
- How to scan a QR code on Oppo smartphones
- Third-party applications that can scan a QR code
- Social media applications that can scan a QR code
- Scanning QR codes on Android without an application
- QR codes’ popularity today
- Scanning QR codes on Android devices has never been easier, thanks to the QR TIGER app
What is a QR code, and how does it work?
A Quick Response code, widely known as a QR code, is a two-dimensional, modern type of barcode that can carry any data, information, or files.
These codes are created using an online QR code generator, allowing users to customize their QR code according to their preferences.
People can use their smartphones to scan QR codes and access the stored information. They can use a QR code scanner or camera app to decode a QR code.
You can also scan QR code without an app, as long as you have a smartphone with a camera that supports QR code scan feature.
These codes are widely utilized in advertising, business, health care, and education these days.
However, QR codes are most extensively used in the commercial world, particularly in advertising and operations.
QR codes can be found on brochures, flyers, posters, billboards, objects and products, business cards, and even social networking and shopping websites.
Check if your Android device can scan a QR code
In most cases, Android devices come with a built-in QR code scanner.
Android versions 8 and 9 can scan QR codes online without an app.
Some earlier Android versions, on the other hand, have yet to receive the most recent update.
Here are the procedures to see if your smartphone device can scan QR codes natively:
- Open your Camera app.
- Point the camera at the QR code.
- To view the content, click on the notification banner that appears.
If nothing happens, check the camera settings to see if QR code scanning feature is enabled.
If you don’t see this option in your settings, you can use a third-party QR scanner app to scan or decode QR codes easily.
One of the best QR code scanner app that is reliable and safe to download is QR TIGER. It's available on Google Play Store and App Store.
How to Scan QR Codes on Android versions 7 and below
Reading QR codes is impossible on Android phones running Android 7 and below.
As a result, scanning QR codes on Android version 7 requires third-party programs.
All QR codes can be scanned automatically once the software has been downloaded.
How to Scan QR codes on Android version 8 and above
With Google Screen Search, Android 8 users can scan QR codes without needing an app. Simply point your camera at the QR code, press the “Home” button, then select ‘What’s on my screen?’
Users can then open the brief URL associated with the QR Code’s information.
Here’s how to use Google Screen Search to scan a QR code:
- Point your camera at the QR code and press the shutter button.
- Long press the “Home” button and then swipe up to reveal the options at the bottom.
- Then select “What’s on my screen?”
- To view content, click on the link that appears.
Open the “Google” application and tap “Navigation” if the smartphone’s screen search is not currently enabled. Enable the “Screen Search” permission in the settings.
Google Lens can now scan and recognize QR codes. It’s available on Google Assistant as well as the camera app.
Simply download Google Lens and begin reading QR codes. You can also use Google Lens through Google Assistant.
How to scan QR codes on Samsung Devices
There are 3 easy ways to scan QR code without an app on Samsung; you can use the Bixby Vision, Samsung Internet Browser, and the Samsung camera application itself.
Bixby Vision is a Samsung technology that allows users to acquire information about the environment around them just by opening their phone’s camera.
To enable its QR code scanner, follow these simple instructions:
- To use Bixby Vision, open your Camera app and tap Bixby Vision.
- If you’re using Bixby Vision for the first time, you’ll need to provide permission to the app. Then, on all permission requests that pop up, hit “Allow.”
- Also, on the Bixby vision permissions pop-up, tap “Allow.”
- Your Samsung device can now scan a QR code after allowing all permissions.
- Then, to open the webpage, tap “Go.”
Samsung Internet Browser
Samsung Electronics created the Samsung Internet Browser, a mobile browser for smartphones and tablets.
Of course, the browser’s features include a QR code scanner, so here are some easy instructions on how to use it:
- Go to the Samsung Internet app and open it.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the three vertical lines.
- Select “useful features” from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- By sliding the button, you can activate the QR code scanner.
- Return to the homepage and click on the URL link.
- Select the QR code icon.
- Then, on any request permissions that appear, hit “Allow.”
When you place your smartphone device over the QR code, it will immediately recognize it.
Samsung Camera is a camera that comes pre-installed on all Samsung smartphones.
With a single click of a button, you may take images in seconds to capture any moment of your life.
This option, however, is only available on Samsung Galaxy handsets running OS Version 9.0.
Users no longer need to worry about wanting to use a QR code scanner without apps for the said task. They can simply use this method.
The following are some simple steps for activating your QR code scanner on the camera app:
- Swipe down to access your Quick Settings, then click on the QR scanner.
- To proceed to the next step, tap “OK.”
- Then open the Camera app and scan the QR code.
- After scanning the QR Code, you should be able to access the webpage below.
- If you are unable to scan the QR Code, this setting may need to be enabled. Tap on the Camera Settings icon.
- Toggle the Scan QR codes option.
How to scan a QR code on Oppo smartphones
A QR code may be read directly on the latest Android phones, including your Oppo phone. However, scanning a QR code requires your Oppo to be connected to the internet.
To open your QR reader, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Oppo’s Camera app.
- Focus the lens 20-30 centimeters on the QR code, then center it on the screen.
- When Google Lens is engaged, it will prompt you to take a number of actions.
- Then, there will be a link for you to click.
- It will take you to a webpage, a video, or any other content embedded in the QR code.
How do you get Google Lens to work if it isn’t active on your camera?
- Go to the camera app on your Oppo.
- Then click Parameters after selecting the three parallel bars at the top.
- Then look for Viewfinder Settings and turn on Google Lens.
- Return to the Lens Suggestions page and make your selection.
Third-party applications that can scan a QR code
QR TIGER QR Code Generator
QR TIGER app is an ad-free user interface that enables users to produce QR codes without interruption, and at the same time, the QR TIGER app has the ability to scan a QR code.
This QR code generator has important features that a user should consider before collaborating with it; it can generate legal QR codes and offers a variety of alternatives for use.
Here are some simple instructions for scanning the QR code using the QR TIGER app:
- To begin, open the QR TIGER application.
- Select “Scan” from the drop-down menu.
- Place your camera over the QR code.
- Then it will instantly take you to a landing page that displays the information that the user has inserted into the QR code.
Kaspersky QR Code Scanner
The Kaspersky QR Scanner is a program that allows users to scan a QR code while ensuring that the URL they’re about to browse will not harm their smartphone.
They must first open the app and point the camera at the QR code they wish to scan to utilize it.
QR and Barcode Scanner
QR and Barcode Scanner is a free and useful QR code reader for various Android devices.
Social media applications that can scan a QR code
Aside from the above-mentioned QR code scanner online, users have a few more alternatives when scanning a QR code with their Android handset.
LinkedIn is an online platform in the United States that operates through websites and mobile applications. It was launched in 2002 and lets you scan QR codes online.
Its goal is to bring together experts worldwide to make them more productive and profitable.
The following are some simple procedures to scan a QR code using the LinkedIn app on a smartphone device:
- Open your LinkedIn application.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, find the QR code and click on it.
- Select “scan” from the menu options.
- Allow access to the camera by tapping it.
- Then, press the scan button with your camera pointed directly at a QR code you wish to scan.
Instagram is a social networking platform for sharing photos and videos on the internet.
All you have to do to scan a QR code online with Instagram is:
- Launch your app and tap your profile in the bottom right corner.
- Tap “QR Code” after clicking on the three horizontal lines.
- The next step is to hit the “Scan QR Code” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, point your camera at the QR code.
- Continue pressing and holding the camera screen until the QR code is captured.
Pinterest is another social media platform that may be used to share photographs, allowing users to store and discover information or ideas on the internet using pinboards made up of smaller images, videos, and GIFs.
To use Pinterest to scan a QR code, you must first:
- Launch your Pinterest app and then click the search icon.
- Then, beside the search bar, tap on the camera icon.
- The camera in your application will launch automatically.
- Then, place it over the code you want to scan.
Snapchat is a multimedia mobile messaging service that allows users to send and receive photos, videos, and drawings?
Using Snapchat, you can scan a QR code by:
- On your smartphone, launch the app.
- Hover your camera over the QR code you want to scan.
- The scanner will automatically read the QR code if you tap the screen and hold your finger on it for a few seconds.
- After that, you’ll be taken to a window that displays the information in the QR code.
Scanning QR codes on Android without an application
Since there are so many different Android devices and each manufacturer develops its firmware revision, the situation with Android phones is slightly more complicated.
However, if you’re using Android 9 or higher, you won’t need to install third-party software to access QR code information.
QR codes’ popularity today
QR codes are regaining popularity for a variety of reasons, but one of the most compelling is that they are contactless and user-friendly. Because QR code scanners are now built-in on smartphone devices, QR codes are getting more popular, with an increase of 18.8%.
As a result, users no longer need to download a separate application in order to scan a QR code.
People nowadays are obsessed with ease and convenience.
One of the most appealing features of a QR code is that it can be scanned flawlessly with a smartphone device.
As a natural outcome, QR Codes have evolved into a necessary tool for operating and marketing a business.
Scanning QR codes on Android devices has never been easier, thanks to the QR TIGER app
People can now make payments and instantly access information with just a few clicks on their smartphone devices, thanks to QR code scanners.
With a reliable QR code reader app, information is just one scan away.
Today, QR codes are becoming more popular. That's why using a dedicated QR code app on your smartphone is crucial, so you can access them at any time.
QR TIGER application is one of the best QR code generator and QR code scanner for Android and iOS that is totally free to download.